We are shipping ALL online orders & our Gallery Showrooms are open for Click n' Collect or Window Shopping. Pop by we'd love to see you!
So you've had the opportunity to Meet Our Makers, so we thought it's time you get to know us too! Meet Our Sellers, here is our Newmarket Gallery team, a passionate bunch who are fuelled by coffees from across the road & the endless inspiration that surrounds them.MELANIE-JANE | CREATIVE DIRECTOR
1. Why do you love working for The Poi Room?I love working at The Poi Room! It is my heart & soul. It is my joy, my passion & my love.
2. Which art piece do you currently love with in the Gallery Showroom?Oh this is so, so difficult!! But new in… it would have to be Wendy Lineham's Stingray in rich cobalt blue - yum yum!!!
3. What do you enjoy doing on your days off? For me, it is connecting with my wonderful friends, gardening & reading….. pure deliciousness!4. What is your drink of choice?Well, it is a cup of tea in the morning, followed by a Americano at 10:00am (thanks to the Altezano Brothers). But my all-time fav' Chardonnay is our honeymoon Neudorf Chardonnay!
5. Where is your favourite place in Aotearoa (NZ)? Home. Pt Chevalier is the place that we have bought up our daughters, Frankie & Milana. It is our first home, purchased in 1999! Our friend Rosalie saw it in the paper, a wee pink painted railway cottage, we fell in love!
CAPRICE | GALLERY ASSISTANT1. Why do you love working for The Poi Room?I love having the privilege to work around all the beautiful art we have. I love working with the beautiful women at The Poi Room (& Clayton of course). The incredible customers that make our day! Also, being able to meet some of the amazing artists that we support is one of my favourite parts.
2. Which art piece do you currently love with in the Gallery Showroom?I'm loving Adam Popovic at the moment, my favourite is 'Sunflower Disco'. Oh, I also love Alex Sands new stunning Pounamu pieces!3. What do you enjoy doing on your days off? I catch up with friends, hang out with my boyfriend, go op-shopping, go for walks around West Auckland, sing a lot, read & catch up on TV shows.4. What is your drink of choice?Ooo, I love an ice cream iced coffee or margarita!
5. Where is your favourite place in Aotearoa (NZ)? Now that is a tough one... probably Piha out West or Tāwharanui up North.
MARGOT | GALLERY ASSISTANT1. Why do you love working for The Poi Room?The Poi Room is a very positive environment, we all work as a team. I love finding artworks & pieces that suit customers specific tastes, I find it really interesting. I previously worked as a commercial artist, so it is nice to be looking at art from a different angle.2. Which art piece do you currently love with in the Gallery Showroom?I particularly like Greg Swinburne's 'Votive Series' - the shape of these works make me feel happy & joyful!3. What do you enjoy doing on your days off? I generally walk my mini-schnauzer, Freddie. I also work on artwork commissions to sell.4. What is your drink of choice?I have to start the day with 2 x trim flat whites - otherwise, I do not function!!5. Where is your favourite place in Aotearoa (NZ)? My happy place is the Southern Alps. I grew up in the South Island, so the mountains have always been in my life, holiday-ing & skiing.HOLLY | GALLERY ASSISTANT1. Why do you love working for The Poi Room?I love working at The Poi Room for so many reasons! One of them being that I'm constantly surrounded by amazing art every day, but also because of the awesome team I get to work with & the artists I get to meet! One of the best feelings for me is when I get to sell my mum's (Kirsty Nixon) work & then giving her the good news, it's the best feeling! The environment of The Poi Room is so positive & uplifting, it makes me excited to go to work.
2. Which art piece do you currently love with in the Gallery Showroom?I'm a huge fan of Tony Ogle & his prints! Tony's prints - Wave Haven, Daybreak, & Sunstrike Wainui are my personal favourites.
3. What do you enjoy doing on your days off? I'm a full-time student & study Communication Design at AUT, I also love to paint & get coffees with my mum.
4. What is your drink of choice?My favourite drink is a vanilla sweet cream cold brew for sure!5. Where is your favourite place in Aotearoa (NZ)? Piha & Mount Maunganui are equal for first. The beaches are so beautiful, as well as, the views - the best summer spots!
That is our FANTASTIC team in our Newmarket Gallery! They truly are the heartbeat of the showroom & we couldn't be happier. Pop in & visit the friendly team - they'll like you even more if you brought them their drink of choice!NEWMARKET | 17 Osborne St | 09 520 0399