Please be aware some framed prints may not be in store until the end of January, please call or email us prior to purchase to ensure your framed prints are available.
Here is the team that you don't see! This is the behind-the-scenes trio that makes the wheels turn. The dynamic team ensures the Online Gallery, Marketing & Artist's are all well taken care of. No day is the same in The Poi Room HQ & these guys sure know how to adapt & really fast! Go on, get to know them...DIRECTOR | CLAYTON
1. Why do you love working for The Poi Room?There are so many aspects to my role here! I love the freedom of being self-employed, but also the responsibility that comes with this freedom, as we all need to make this machine work. Our staff are fantastic & a delight to be around - they are all such professional & passionate people. The everyday creativity of our Artists astounds me, something new almost every day to admire & understand. Over the last few years, our Online Team has gone from strength to strength, & being part of that creative process is a definite passion of mine.
2. Which art piece do you currently love with in the Gallery Showroom?In my role, I get to see most of the Art before they hit the Gallery Showrooms, this is when we get to catalog, photograph, & market the artworks. So this week, we have had a massive delivery of works & the pounamu carving of Dean Majoribanks caught my eye! Dean's Toki Design - his Pounamu is always of the highest quality & his workmanship is an inspiration, a real nice guy too!
3. What do you enjoy doing on your days off? My usual Day-Off Routine starts with a sleep-in, read-the-paper, coffee, & a fry-up. If the wind gods are favourable, I would head to the beach for a surf - Frankie (our eldest daughter) joins me & then we head home for a BBQ & a cold beer.
4. What is your drink of choice?Currently, I am loving Rudi’s Lager - it has got to be cold & gold! My local organic wine shop has a constant supply, I kid myself & say they do it just for me.
5. Where is your favourite place in Aotearoa (NZ)? Anywhere in the water! So this is a hard one, North Piha is a constant spot that comes to my mind. Even if the surf is not on, then Ziggy (our Irish Terrier) & I run up & down & round & round... we just have to be careful in the middle of Summer for burnt paws from the black sand!
BRAND MANAGER | MELISSA
2. Which art piece do you currently love with in the Gallery Showroom?I'm a sucker for Wellington Artist Melissa Young's bronze sculpture artwork! I often find myself gazing upon her works in the gallery - I love that they appear different from every viewpoint & cast shadows in sunlight. I would LOVE to own her piece 'Side By Side' - my favourite”.
3. What do you enjoy doing on your days off? Oh, there is a multitude of things I get up to & it changes all the time! I love lazy Saturday coffees at my local cafe in Orewa. My weekends usually consist of catching up with friends, going to the gym & spending time with family. Currently, I am assisting a friend with the launch of her cake business so I'm having fun designing her brand identity.
4. What is your drink of choice?Every morning Imy (my right-hand woman) makes me a flat white & that is a real treat! Beyond 5pm, I'll happily sip upon a glass of red wine.
5. Where is your favourite place in Aotearoa (NZ)? Hit me with the tough questions, how am I ever going to limit this to one place?! After a lengthy process of elimination, I would have to say the Bay of Islands has captured my heart! I'm originally from South Africa & my first Summer holiday in NZ was spent in the beautiful Bay of Islands - this place made NZ feel like home.
WEBSITE CO-ORDINATOR | IMY
1. Why do you love working for The Poi Room?I love working for The Poi Room because of the endless kindness shown within the company - by the employers & employees. I feel very lucky to be apart of supporting the beautiful New Zealand artworks everyday. Coming from a creative background, I am constantly inspired by our Artist's original ideas that is put into their works - AMAZING!
2. Which art piece do you currently love with in the Gallery Showroom?My current favourite piece is Aaron Scythe's vases! When I first started at The Poi Room, I was immediately attracted to Aarons work - beautiful detail in every single piece. The process in which he creates his art is very interesting & engaging to watch.
3. What do you enjoy doing on your days off? On my days off, I spend lots of time on the beach or I'll happily be in my flat creating art myself.
4. What is your drink of choice?Hmm... depends on the time but I'll always be keen for an Iced Chocolate!
5. Where is your favourite place in Aotearoa (NZ)? Piha on the West Coast is my favourite spot in New Zealand! I was lucky enough to have a bach there when I was younger, so I have many memories of spending hours on the beach
That is our FANTASTIC Online Team! Although they are behind the scenes, this trio make so much happen for The Poi Room & we wouldn't be the same without them. Shop the Online Gallery & make their day!
thepoiroom.co.nz | ONLINE GALLERY | 09 520 0399